Skip to main content
Make the most out of any wiki by using our free sister product,
Blendspace by TES
, to create interactive lessons and presentations!
Pages and Files
This School Year:
8th Grade Decision to Use the Atomic Bomb
8th Grade Japanese Internment
8th Grade Iwo Jima Activity
8th Grade Holocaust
8th Grade D-Day Project
8th Grade Hitler's Weapons
8th Grade Pearl Harbor Comparison
8th Grade WWII Dictators
8th Grade 1930s Scrapbooks
8th Grade 1930s Glogster Project
8th Grade 1920s Newspaper Project
8th Grade WWI Creative Writing
8th Grade WWI Poems
8th Grade WWI Videos
8th Grade US in the Philippines after the S-A War
8th Grade Age of Imperialism
8th Grade Your View of Imperialism
8th Captains of Industry
7th Emancipation Proclamation
7th Grade Civil War Battles Project
7th Grade Civil War
7th Grade Sudan
7th Grade Dred Scott Decision
7th Grade Uncle Tom's Cabin
7th Grade North and South
7th Grade Election 2012
7th Grade Constitutional Convention
7th Grade Framers of the Constitution
7th Grade Boston Massacre
Why Study History?
Remembering September 11, 2001
Iran & Israel
7th Life in South Africa Post-Apartheid
7th Grade Mt. Everest Magazines
7th Grade Pirates of Somalia Project
7th Grade Sudan Project
Good Old Archives:
Archives: Grade 7
Archives: Grade 8
8th Grade Current Events
CURRENT EVENTS: THE FINAL SAY
Read the article,
, and answer the following questions in complete sentences and in detail:
1. What is the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act? Why is it considered an important law? Why is the Supreme Court currently considering this law?
2. When was it passed into law? Describe the specifics of the vote.
3. Explain the Republican vs. Democrat view of the law.
4. What is the “individual mandate”, and why is this idea at the center of the case?
5. When will this case be decided by the Supreme Court? Why will this decision be a likely topic of debate in the upcoming 2012 presidential election?
6. Explain the concept of judicial review as explained in the case,
Marbury vs. Madison
CURRENT EVENTS: LIFE SENTENCE
Read the article,
, and answer the following prompt in one to two well supported paragraphs:
Is life without parole cruel and unusual punishment for juvenile offenders?
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"